JAMBI - INDONESIA PLACES OF INTEREST : JAMBI CITY
The province of Jambi is located in Central Sumatra encompassing an area of 53,435 km2 almost 60% consisting of forest area has made the province not only the home of a large variety of fauna and flora but also an exciting place for the sporty and adventure types. Temperatures seldom reach 90o F (33o C) and usually vary during the from 74o F to 88o F (23o C to 31o C) and are cooler on the mountains. Jambi province has a population of about 2,031,954 million consisting of Jambinese, Minangkabau, Javanese, Sundanese and descendants of Indiana and Chinese. About 90% are Moslem and the remaining 10% are Christians, Hindus and Buddhists.
Museum Perjuangan Rakyat
Jambi is built in 1,360 m2 square of land. Located in the
triangle of jalan Sultan Taha - Slamet Riyadi and Sultan Agung. Museum
Perjuangan Rakyat Jambi is designed in traditional Jambinese style architecture.
In the front yard of this museum you can see a Catalina, a type
of aircraft which ever used by Indonesian army in the second world war.
The aircraft had been falled in the Batanghari river in 1948.
Sanggar is a batik representation center in Jambi. Located in the
district of Pelayangan (out of Jambi city) , about 9 kms. Sanggar is the
best place to find out how rich Jambi with batik design. Included in the
collection are batik bunga melati, bunga tunjung, bunga kaca piring, bunga
cengkeh, bunga durian, bunga keladi, bunga bertaburan and so on.